Most smokers spend countless hours during their smoking careers trying to satisfactorily answer this most perplexing question. Typically, answers they come up with are that they smoke because they are unhappy, unsatisfied, nervous, bored, anxious, lonely, tired or just frustrated without their cigarettes.
Other reasons often quoted are that cigarettes keep them thin, make them better able to think, or that they are more sociable while smoking. Some claim that they smoke to celebrate the joyful times of life. Food, drink, fun and games, and even sex all seem to lose their appeal without an accompanying cigarette.
In fact, let’s take a quick look at some of the reasons people give for smoking.
- I Like Smoking
- I'm Self-Destructive - That's Just Who I Am
- I'm Addicted
- I'm Stressed Out. Smoking Helps Me Relax
- I've Smoke So Much For So Long, Why Bother?
- I Only Smoke When I Drink
All of these reasons are just excuses keeping you from stopping this habit. Believe me; I’ve uttered more than one of them. I know I should stop smoking, but I find myself powerless to do so. Why?
No comments:
Post a Comment